- Both the genres of High school Mizo textbooks were found to be appropriate as they offer opportunities for students to develop their writing, speaking and listening skills by presenting interesting topics.
- It was also found out that both the textbooks provided opportunities for developing writing skills, by introducing challenging topics that are built with potential areas for students to write related articles or essays for the development of language learning.
- Class X Mizo textbook provided a scope for the development of reading and writing skills. It was also found that topics where exercises were not given such as ‘proverbs’ and ‘manners and etiquettes’ could also be used for improving the skills.
- n Fiction, drama and rapid reading presented in both textbooks were found to be appropriate for the development of language learning through exercises such as discussion, debate, role-playing, questions etc.
- n The genre of both the textbooks as a whole could be used as reading skill development material.
- Chawngthu&Chuaungo. (2016). An evaluative study of English course-book prescribed for class X by Mizoram Board of School Education. Mizoram Educational Journal, 3(2), 25-35.
- Hutchinson & Torres. (1994). The textbook as agent of change. ELT journal, 48(4), 315-328. Retrieved from https:// pdfs.semanticscholar.org>
- Importance of genre.(n.d). Retrieved from https:// www.utoledo.edu
- Importance of genre.(n.d). Retrieved from https:// writingexplained.org
- Importance of genre.(n.d). Retrieved from https://ascd.org
- Meaning of genre. (n.d). Retrieved from https:// literacydevices.net
- Why do we need textbooks? (n.d). Retrieved from https:// www.deccanherald.com/content/353847
Cite the original source:
Lalremsangi and Lalchhandami, Sian. “Different Literary Genres of High School Mizo Textbooks Under Mizoram Board of School Education for the Development of Language Skills: A Content Analysis.” Mizo Studies, IX, no. 1, Mar. 2020, pp. 64–78.